Surrogacy in Mumbai India
The word “Surrogate” means substitute or replacement. The word “Surrogacy” is used when woman carries a pregnancy and gives birth to a baby for another woman.
Types of Surrogacy:
There are two main kinds of Surrogacy
In this case, a woman (surrogate) carries a pregnancy created by the egg and sperm of an infertile woman and her husband respectively. The carrier mother (surrogate mother) is NOT genetically related to the resulting child.
In this case, a surrogate woman’s egg is inseminated with the sperm of an infertile woman’s husband’s sperm and she carries the pregnancy. Here in the infertile woman has no genetic relation to the resulting child but a surrogate mother has.
Indications for Surrogacy:
- Women whose ovaries are producing eggs but have either no uterus (either from the birth or has been removed because of certain diseases)
- Women who have uterus & ovaries but the uterus is diseased to the extent that it is incapable of ‘carrying the pregnancy (Ashermann’s syndrome, Advanced Genital T.B.)
- Woman who suffer from severe medical illness such a Diabetes mellitus, Heart disease, Kidney disease, in whom bearing pregnancy could be life threatening.
- Recurrent pregnancy losses in selected cases.
At Victoria International IVF Centre, we offer Gestational Surrogacy to the people of all nationalities. Even the single men and single women can avail this facility to fulfill their dream of enjoying parenthood.
All surrogates inducted into our programme are carefully screened & selected. At a place like KALYAN many of them are ‘FRESHERS’
All surrogates taken into our programme are between 21-35 years of age. They are married with a proven reproductive track record having had deliveries with healthy babies. There screening for infectious diseases and other relevant serological testing has been meticulously done. They are also screened for Thalassemia. Also their psychological analysis (as evaluated by a licensed clinical psychologist) has been done.
You will be required at our clinic for a maximum of 15 days period. Initially you will be required to undergo stimulation for your own IVF cycle and your subsequent visit will be around the expected date for confinement of Surrogate. We will give you a regular update about the surrogate’s progress by e-mail. The surrogate will be under the care of our efficient obstetrician’s team till term and will be delivered in a good hospital set up.
For further information, if any, on any specific aspect of surrogacy please Contact us.
New additional Information on Surrogacy
At our Victoria International IVF centre we offer all the services relevant to surrogacy under one roof which means you do not have to travel from one clinic to other clinic for getting various tests done. Our centre has all the facilities required to deliver the full range of services to couples requiring surrogacy . We are very well known for caring and personalized service and having a world-class medical and technical and technological excellence in the field of Assisted Reproduction Techniques
These services include:-
- One stop fertility Diagnostic services such as Videolaparo-Hysteroscopy ( Performed on latest 3-Dimensional Karl-Storz Endoscopes)
- All the relevant Hormonal and Ultra-sonography testing
- Ovulation Induction and Monitoring
- Evaluation of Male Partner
- Intra-Uterine Insemination
- In-vitro-Fertilization (IVF)
- Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Inyra-cytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) –(Our Centre is one of very few centers in India that has IMSI facility—read more about IMSI on our website)
- BET-Blastocyst Embryo Transfer
- Laser Assisted Hatching
- Cryo-preservation of Embryos and oocytes by Vitrification,
- Cryo-preservation of sperms
- Sperm banking
- Surgical Sperm Retrieval Techniques-(PESA, TESA, TESE etc.)
Surrogacy is LEGAL in India.
You are requested to find out prevailing laws in your country or from your respective consulate in Mumbai to facilitate and expedite the process for you to carry your baby back to your hometown.
We can help you in the process by providing you a contact with lawyer to expedite and guide you regarding paperwork.
Also all the Intended Parents please go through our very special services for Surrogates i.e ‘SURROGASSIST’ that eases your stay in India and gives you a feeling of Homely atmosphere away from home. Read more about our ‘SURROGASSIST’ services on this website.
How does the process of Surrogacy begin?
You can start the process of surrogacy by contacting us on e-mail or simply by a phone call.
As already mentioned we specialize in offering various surrogacy treatments under oneroof thereby making the entire process very convenient to you.
Types of surrogacy:
As mentioned earlier there are two types of surrogacy — Gestational Surrogacy and Traditional Surrogacy.
At our Victoria International IVF Centre we offer only Gestational surrogacy.
Categories of Gestational Surrogacy:
- Self IVF Embryos and Surrogacy: In couples where genetic mother is incapable of carrying pregnancy to full term-for example when born without uterus or those who have their uterus removed surgically ( Hysterectomized patients ), those having medical illnesses that contraindicate these patients to carry pregnancy, or simply those who have multiple IVF failures etc. In this category, intended parent’s own eggs and sperms are used to hatch embryos
- Donor eggs and Surrogacy: In couples where the female partner is incapable of producing eggs, or there are genetic reasons for seeking donor eggs. Also in Single Men or in Gay couples
- Self eggs and Donor Sperms with Surrogacy: In case of single mothers or couples where male partner is incapable of providing the sperm sample.
The Actual Process of Surrogacy:
For category 1 and 3 that isthose with Self IVF Embryos and those with Self eggs and Donor Sperm with Surrogacy-
For this you need to be in Kalyan for about 15 days starting from the first day of menstrual cycle. The Male partner can reach Kalyan by day 9 or 10 of your menstrual cycle or the semen sample can be cryo-shipped to us so as to reach at least one day prior to egg pick-up.
The Ovarian stimulation can be started in your home country and you can reach Kalyan by day 8 or day 9 of your stimulation.
The egg pick-up generally occurs on day 13/14 of the cycle.
All the blood tests, Ultrasound scans etc. are done at our own clinic.
For those patients requiring surgical sperm retrieval such as PESA,TESA etc-these are also done at our own centre.
Since we have semen cryo-preservation facility, male partner can store his semen well in advance of the egg-pick-up, as per his convenience.
Cycle planning is typically done in such a way so as to co-ordinate genetic mother’s cycle with that of the surrogate’s cycle. The surrogate is started on estrogen till the day of intended mother’s egg pick-up and then put on progesterone treatment prior to undertaking embryo transfer on her.
Embryo transfer is done on day3 or if blastocyst transfer is planned then on day5 /6
Frozen Embryo Transfer:
You can avail of our cryo-shipper services to send your frozen embryos to us, so that we can transfer them into suitably selected and treated surrogate
For category 2 patients that is those using Donor Eggs and Surrogacy as well as for single men and for Gay couples:-
For this Male partner needs to be at Kalyan only for 2 to 3 days. The egg donor’s profile are sent to you on e-mail, and once you have chosen the egg donor we co-ordinate her cycle with that of your surrogate.
Alternatively Male partner can even cryo-ship his semen sample to us.
The Surrogate and Intended Parents sign an Agreement to the effect that she will be their Gestational Surrogate and will have no rights over the baby/babies born out of this process. This agreement is elaborately drafted by our legal consultants.
Surrogate Update and Pregnancy Tracking and Assistance Services;
We have a Uniquecaring and assistance service called “SURROGASSIST”