Egg Donation is very cost effective way of building up your family when it is not possible to get you own eggs .or your eggs are of poor quality, poor ovarian reserve or those with repeated IVF failures or those whose embryos are of poor quality or for various reasons mentioned in the previous module.
Although it is true that the baby will not have any genetic connection with the commissioning woman, many women are happy to choose this option because:
1) She feels a true sense of motherhood, as she experiences all the symptoms of pregnancy, experiences labour pains and even lactates after delivery
2) Process of egg donation has a high success rate—about 55 to 60% per cycle
3) As the egg donation is anonymous and confidential process there are no social pressures involved
4) It is much cost effective and less complex than surrogacy
5) It is the name of the commissioning mother that appears on the baby’s birth certificate.